Ask Your Union: Professional Development

April 2021

Note: relevant parts of the Collective Agreement are in Article 23. 
For more information about PD funding, see Professional Development Fund FAQs.

When will I get professional development time?

When instructional faculty get a Regularized contract, NID time is included as part of that contract. Instructional faculty use this time for both non-instructional activities and professional development activities, as approved by their department chair. Be sure to complete the appropriate forms prior to your NID term and at the end of your NID time.

Non-instructional faculty (such as counselors and librarians) can apply to their department chair for time to carry out some PD activities.

When will I get PD money from my department?

Ask your department chair about this because there are slight differences from department to department.